The Bad Beat BBQ

Stylish writing at the right price.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Omaha Fatigue

I talked the guys at my homegame into switching to Omaha from Holdem for this last 10 weeks and boy am I sorry. I thought that it might give me some kind of edge having played thousands of hands online and knowing better than to call with weak hands and chase non nut draws. Someone forgot to tell everyone else how the game is played though. I have been getting killed by a table full of chasers and catchers for weeks on end. I think I'm ready to go back to Holdem or even No Limit Iron Cross like we played this past Friday at the losers table (talk about swings).

I did manage to clean up over $100 in the sidegames on Friday so it wasn't a total loss.

I hope the river is kind.

- (copyright Cincy Sean)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I don't understand... if they're chasing non-nut draws and catching you, what exactly are you going in with?

    You should be in a situation where they catch their flush but you catch the nut flush and beat the hell out of them.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home